Sprouts Farmers Market Big 12 Championship Quarterfinals: Kansas State (6-9-3, 2-5-2 Big 12) against No. 17 Texas (13-1-4, 7-0-2 Big 12)
Time: Sunday, October 30 – 11:30 a.m. CT
Location: Round Rock, Texas (Round Rock Multipurpose Complex)
Live statistics: LINK
TV: The game will be webcast live on Big 12 Now on ESPN+ and can be watched online via this LINK.
- Texas will make its 25th appearance in the Sprouts Farmers Market Big 12 Soccer Championship. The Longhorns own a 14-19-9 (.440) overall record at the event with two titles (2006, 2007). Last season, UT made it to the finals before falling to top-seeded TCU, 2-1.
- With a total of 23 points (2.56 ppg average), Texas clinched the outright Big 12 regular season title in 2022 and the top seed in the Sprouts Farmers Market Big 12 Soccer Championship. This marked the Longhorns’ second all-time regular season crown and first since 2001.
- Texas leads its all-time series over Kansas State with a perfect 7-0-0 mark. The two teams have never met at a neutral venue. Entering the Big 12 Championship game, the Wildcats outscored the Longhorns in the series 21–0 overall.
- Texas enters Sunday on a program record 16 GAME UNDEFEATING STRIKE (12-0-4) dating to August 28 vs. Florida.
- Texas sophomore forward Trinity Byars enters Sunday’s game against Kansas State on a horse EIGHT GAME POINT STRIKE. It’s her second hitting streak in more than five games of the season and follows a career-long eight-game hitting streak that spanned Sept. 12-Oct. 8, 2021. Kelly Wilson’s school record of nine consecutive games with a point from Sept. 7-Oct. 14, 2001.
- Byars is setting a fairly high pace nationally as the Richardson, Texas native is currently doing ONLY DIVISION I PLAYER TO JOIN THE TOP 12 IN GOALS, ASSISTS AND POINTS. She is third nationally in points (39), fourth in goals (15) and 12th in assists (nine). Byars is incredibly efficient, making 52% of her shots on goal in 2022 (15 goals on 29 shots per frame).
- Texas is currently on pace to record the best single-season winning percentage in program history. At 13-1-4, the 2022 Longhorns have a .833 winning percentage, while the school mark of .780 was set back in 2006 (18-4-3).
- The Longhorns currently rank SECOND IN NCAA DIVISION I in both assists per game (2.89) and total assists with 52 helpers through first 18 games. Sophomore outfielder on his own Lexi Missimo Yippee tied for THIRD IN THE NATION in total assists (12)while the sophomore forward Trinity Byars Yippee tied for 12th in assists (nine) and 15th in assists per game (0.53).
- The Longhorns are also currently evaluating SIXTH IN NCAA DIVISION I in points (146), EIGHTH in goals (47), 13th in shots per game (18.89) and 11th in attacks on goal (2.61). Individually, sophomore forward Trinity Byars currently is THIRD IN NCAA DIVISION I in points (39) & points per game (2.29), FOURTH in total goals (15) and FIFTH in goals per game (0.88).
- Midfielder UT Lexi Missimo recorded her 10th assist of the year at Oklahoma State. With that sidekick, a native of Southlake, Texas became just the third Texas player in program history to post at least two double-digit assist seasons, tying former All-Americans Kelly Wilson (2001, 2002, 2004) and Kati McBain (2000, 2002).
- With 15 goals this year Byars concludes yet another history of the program. Sophomore ahead he needs just two more scores to set a new single-season record in that category, he surpassed former All-American Kelly Wilson’s school mark of 16 goals set in 2004.
- Byars is right now tied in Division I for most game-winning goals (six) alongside Imane Addi (South Alabama), Itala Gemelli (Dayton), Imani Jenkins (Hartford) and Reilyn Turner (UCLA).
- Texas completed its second league campaign undefeated and is now riding a school record 18 GAME BIG 12 CONFERENCE REGULAR SEASON UNDEFEATED STREAK (13-0-5). UT’s last Big 12 loss of the regular season IT HAPPENED 723 DAYS AGO back on November 6, 2020 in a 1-0 loss at Texas Tech.