GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The No. 14 Florida volleyball team took on the Arkansas Razorbacks on Saturday afternoon at Exactech Arena.
The Gators improve to 17-4 on the year and 9-2 in league play, while the Razorbacks fall to 14-6 overall and 5-5 in the SEC.
Florida opened the day with a 25-20 victory in the first set and followed with the same score in the second frame. The Gators closed out the game with a 25-21 victory in the final frame to secure the win.
Offensively, UF was overmatched Marina Markovawho recorded a team-high 11 triple kills. Merritt Beason close behind with 10 kills Alexis Stucky added five in the win. Sofia Victoria (4) a Nnedi Okammor (4) for a total of eight kills.
Alexis Stucky dished out 27 assists in the game and also added four digs and a block.
The Gators held the Razorbacks to just a .036 clip on the afternoon, their lowest total since Oct. 14 against Mississippi State. The team tallied nine blocks in the match, leading by four each Bre Kelley and Markova. Gabriela Essix added three blocks in the match, followed by two by Beason.
Ella McKissock led the backcourt defense with 14 kills, while Beason added 10 for her second double-double of the year. Emily Canaan added six digs on the afternoon, followed by four each from Victoria and Stucky.
The Gators totaled four service aces in the three-setter, led by two from Stucky. Trinity Adams and Beason had one ace in the win.
Florida returns to the court on Sunday to close out the series with Arkansas. First pitch is scheduled for 12pm on the SEC Network with Sam Gore and Missy Whittemore. The game can also be heard on the airways of ESPN Gainesville 98.1 FM/850 AM.
No. 14 Florida (17-4, 9-2 SEC)
(RV) Arkansas (14-6, 5-5 SEC)
How did it happen
- Florida took an early 5-1 lead to open the game and continued to hold at least a one-point lead over the Razorbacks through the 11-10 mark. At that point, the Gators went on a 5-0 run to take a 16-10 lead and went on to force an Arkansas timeout after going ahead 18-12. Florida got out to a 10-point lead at 23-13, but the Razorbacks cut the deficit to just five and forced a Gators timeout. Arkansas pulled within three after the break, but Florida held on for a 25-20 victory to start the day.
- Florida held Arkansas to -081 in the first set, with both Beason and Victoria recording three kills.
- With the Razorbacks leading the second set 5-3, the Gators went on a 5-0 run to swing the momentum back toward Florida. Arkansas pulled within one at 8-7, but UF continued to hold off the Razorbacks to take a six-point advantage at 22-16 and force an Arkansas timeout. After a break in action, the Razorbacks cut Florida’s lead to just three at 22-19, but Florida went on a 3-1 run to secure a 25-20 win.
- Markova led the way with six kills in the second frame, followed by Beason and Stucky with three each.
- Florida grabbed an early advantage in the third frame and led 12-7 before Arkansas took its first timeout of the set. After the break, the Gators continued to build on their lead, taking a seven-point lead at 17-10. The Razorbacks cut their deficit to just two at 22-20 after a 3-0 run that forced a Florida timeout. Similar to the end of the second set, the Gators used a 3-1 run to clinch the match.
- UF hit .382 in the final frame, led by four kills from Beason and Markova.
- With her 11 kills, Marina Markova he has now recorded double figures in kills in 15 games this season
- Merritt Beason she notched her second double-double of the season as she finished with 10 kills and 10 digs
- The Gators improved to 49-3 in the all-time series against the Razorbacks
- Florida is now 29-1 in three-set matches against Arkansas
- UF remains undefeated at home against the Razorbacks and moves to 23-0
- The Gators are now 10-1 in three sets during the 2022 campaign
Thoughts from Coach Wise
- “The kills weren’t easy, but you never do that against Arkansas. We’re lucky to get the win, but it’s 0-0 on Sunday.”
- Florida returns to the court on Sunday to close out the series with Arkansas
- First pitch is scheduled for 12pm on the SEC Network with Sam Gore and Missy Whittemore on the call
- The game can also be heard on the airways of ESPN Gainesville 98.1 FM/850 AM
Broadcast Information #14 Florida Vs. (RV) Arkansas
Meeting time: October 30 | 12 hours
Live Streaming: SEC Network
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Radio: ESPN Gainesville 98.1 FM/850 AM
Series Info – #14 Florida Vs. (RV) Arkansas
Razorbacks | 2022 Season Synopsis: 14-6, 5-5 SEC
- This is the 53rd meeting between the Gators and Razorbacks
- Florida leads 49-3 (49-3 under Mary Wise)
- 3-set: 29-1 | 4-set: 14-0 | 5-set: 6-2
- Home: 23-0 | Away: 20-2 | Neutral: 6-1
- Last deadline: October 29, 2022 | Gainesville, Florida | W, 3-0 (25-20, 25-20-25-21)
TICKET INFO | Gator Ticket Office Online | Call: 352-375-4683 x6800 (Open Mon., 8:30am-5:00pm)
Season ticket prices:
- Reserved (parts 01, 03, 05, 07, 09, 11, 13, 15) – 75 dollars [ages 13 & up]
- Children reserved (Sections 01, 03, 05, 07, 09, 11, 13, 15) – 35 dollars [ages 12 & under]
- Basic entrance fee (All other lower bowl areas) – 50 dollars [ages 13 and up]
- Basic admission for children (All other lower bowl areas) – 25 dollars [ages 12 & under]
- Courtside Season Pass (subject to availability) – 150 dollars [all ages]
- Loge Seating (subject to availability) [in front of the Sideline Club] – 100 dollars [all ages]