The 2022 SCWC Notable Book Awards, an annual competition sponsored by the Southern Christian Writers Conference, is now open for submissions. The awards recognize outstanding published work by Christian authors during the previous year and include categories for self-published and traditionally published fiction, nonfiction, children’s and young adult books, devotionals, and e-books.
The three finalists in each category will be announced on January 14, and the winners will be announced at a ceremony on February 4, 2023. Entry Deadline book in the competition is December 28.
Southern Christian Writers Conference coordinator Cheryl Wray said the awards, which debuted in 2018, offer a unique way to recognize authors.
“We wanted to do something to recognize quality books that have been written and published both by traditional publishers and by the authors themselves,” she said. “There are a lot of wonderful ones books which are being written today, and we want to draw attention to them.”
The Wray organization, which works with TAB Media, was founded in 1991 as a way to educate and encourage writers of faith throughout the Southeast. His book the prizes extend this goal of encouraging writers.
“This is our way of affirming writers’ calls from God to serve and witness through their writing,” Wray said.
All Christian writers are encouraged to enter, and Southern Christian Writers Conference membership is not required.
books are judged by SCWC staff and professionals in each competition category. Winners will receive a cash prize, a certificate and a marketing kit to promote their writing. All finalists and their families are invited to attend the SCWC Notable Book Award presentation.
Rules for entry
The following rules apply to all registered users:
- books was due to be published in 2022.
- books they need not be published by a religious publisher, but should be inspirational and reflect Christian thought.
- books can apply to any of the following categories: Fiction (traditionally published), Fiction (self-published), Nonfiction (traditionally published), Nonfiction (self-published), Devotional (any type of publisher), Children/Young Adults (any type of publisher), and eBook.
- A $10 submission fee must be included with each entry. Email [email protected] for information on how to pay with Venmo, PayPal, credit/debit card or check.
- If you are submitting an eBook, please email the eBook link or PDF copy to [email protected]
- If you are sending a hard copy booksend a copy to SCWC, PO Box 3057, Hueytown AL 35023
- Please include the following information with your correspondence: Name, email address, phone number and category entry.
- books can be submitted either by authors or publishers.
said Wray books they are judged on the quality of writing, publishing and reporting.
“We want to show the world that there is high quality books it is written and published by Christian authors,” she said. “We pray that Notable Book The awards will spread the word and also give exposure to Christian authors.”
Last year’s winners were:
- Custom edition fiction: Theresa Wilson, “Bachelors of the Bible.”
- Self-published non-fiction: Alan Johnston, “Good Night Sweetheart”.
- Traditionally published fiction: Grace Hitchcock, “My Dear Miss Dupre.”
- Traditionally published nonfiction: Candy Arrington, “Life on Pause.”
- Dedicated to: Tracy Crump, “Health, Healing and Wholeness”.
- Children and Young Adults: Peggy Wirgau, “Stars in April.”
For more information, contact Cheryl Wray at [email protected]